Wings of Hope Family Crisis Services is looking for an advocate to provide crisis intervention services to victims in our shelter facility overnights.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree or some education in social services or related field, preferred but not required. Minimum of one year experience working with similar client population group preferred.
1. Knowledge of the psychological and physical effects of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault, and emotional abuse as well as issues of legality and ethics.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of community resources and ability to make appropriate referrals.
3. Demonstrated skill in crisis intervention techniques.
4. Skill and ability in working within an established system and chain of command.
5. Ability to learn quickly and retain new material.
1. Provide crisis intervention services and advocacy to adult and juvenile residents of the shelter.
2. Provide crisis intervention services over the phone via the crisis line for those requesting this service.
3. Provide initial assessment and face-to-face crisis intervention services for those seeking admission into the shelter.
4. Maintain accurate client records according to Stillwater Domestic Violence Services, Inc. operating procedures including admissions, contacts, and discharges as well as case notes.
5. Serve as "on call" back-up for shelter staff on weeknights, weekends, or holidays as requested.
6. Complete shelter chores as assigned.
7. Uphold and enforce shelter rules and policies.
Your application was submitted successfully.